Monday, October 22, 2007

I got Baptized!

I am now baptized! October 21, 2007 is also a day I will never forget. There were 61 people who got baptized, how amazing... praise the Lord! 34 of them were highschoolers, such as myself. It was SO great! Even though I didn't exactly share my testimony as I should have, I got baptized knowing that I'm a true Christian who has a desire to follow and obey God for the rest of my life. I repented of my sins and put all my faith and in Jesus Christ, and that's what I was there to profess! I remember how nervous, yet excited I was to get baptized. And yes, I did fall going down the ladder to get into the pool for those of you who were wondering. Afterwards, I realized that I was nervous for nothing because in my heart I knew I was ready to do this. Plus, I had my friends comfort and pray with me before which really did help. I was so happy to share this day with all my Christian friends who were also baptized. Congratulations everyone who took the Lord's command and got baptized! Not only was this major event something I wanted to do, but it is what God commands in His word. Getting baptized was great! After getting dunked, I knew it was out with the old, and in with the new.

"Therefore, if anyone is in Christ, he is a new creation. The old has passed away; behold, the new has come." ~ 2 Corinthians 5:17

7 comments:

Haley Litz said...

O my goodness Brooke that was so exciting!!! I was also so thrilled to get baptized and follow what God calls me to do. Keep up your walk with the the Lord.

♫ DB ♫ said...

HOORAH!!!! That was so amazing getting baptized!!! Amen. Nice to see you growing in the Lord Brooke,

LL

Curtis said...

nice job brooke!!

it was great seeing so many teens showing their church their commitment to Christ!!
Praise the Lord!!

Bre Moore said...

HAHAHA i have a blog so now i can comment YEAH!! I am so glad we got baptized, my joy hasn't warn off yet!! hopefully it never will!
check it check it aahhh check it ahhh check it check it yo reeeemmiixxxxx.... :)

Bre Moore said...

TAKE THAT PICTURE OFF... this is just a friendly reminder hehehe xoxoxo i love you lovey

Tazman said...

Hi Brooke! I am so happy for you and proud of you too! I'm so thankful for you and for your committment to our Lord! I hope that he continues to bless you as you grow in Him!

Scott

♫ DB ♫ said...

waiting, waiting for a new blog ;) hehe just kidding. But not really.

LL