Sunday, February 10, 2008

God's Perfect Will

"I desire to do your will, O my God; your law is within my heart." ~Psalm 40:8

In life, I need to be okay with whatever the Lord's will is for me. There have been times where I want a certain thing to happen and I plan that it will, but that is not the right mindset. I don't even stop to think what God's plan is for me or what He wants for my life. Or on the other hand, there are things that I want to do, events I want to occur, or places I want to go when I get older. I need to stop, take time to pray about it and to pray consistently, and seek out God's will for my life. As Christians, we can't do it on our own. We need the Lord all the time and every day to give us strength, and we need to fulfill his commands. An example right now for me, is Masters College. I want to go there so bad. Anyways, I know what I have to do and what it takes. I will do anything to go there. BUT, the first thing I need to ask myself is, "is this where God wants me to go?" It may be hard at first, but God's will is always the better one. Our plans are always subject to change and we need to be okay with it (whether good or bad). This is why it is important to give everything up to God and not to try to do it all on our own. This has always been hard for me, but I now know that I have nothing to worry about because everything is in God's hands where it belongs.

"For I know the plans I have for you, declares the LORD, plans to prosper you and not to harm you, plans to give you hope and a future." ~ Jeremiah 29:11

I have a lot of things I want to do in my life, but if it is not what God wants then I have to be willing to give it up. It is something easier said than done, but it is always something to continue to strive for and step it up on.

4 comments:

♫ DB ♫ said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
♫ DB ♫ said...

Yayayayayay! Finally a new post! hehe :)

Nice blog Brooke! This is so true every minute of our lives. Everything is in His hands and everything good or bad, we need to remember that it's His plan. He's perfect, and so is His will! Look at this verse:

James 4:13,15 – Now listen, you who say, “Today or tomorrow we will go to this or that city, spend a year there, carry on business and make money.”Instead, you ought to say, “If it is the Lord’s will, we will live and do this or that.”

Just like this says, we need to do everything knowing that every situation is His will. And this verse:

Romans 12:2 - ...Then you will be able to test and approve what God's will is—his good, pleasing and perfect will.

Just like you said, His will is perfect in all ways! There are so many verses to prove this!!!

I loved the new post Brooke! Keep it up,

Your LL

Haley Litz said...

Great blog Brooke! Great to see a new one, I need to do that. This is so true, we need to be making sure that whatever we are going to do is God's will. Keep it up!

Curtis said...

nice, brooke!

it takes a lot of faith to let our futures depend solely on God's will, not our own... great job!!